The company is a sales, service and installation company that helps businesses and upper income households connect with technology disruptions at the last mile – meaning installation of the latest electronic products for the office or home. The company is based in the hyper-growth market of San Francisco / Silicon Valley.
The purchaser will benefit from a high profit margin business that participates in a niche income stream from the frothy consumer electronics and tech sectors.
The company is an authorized dealer, installer and servicer of premium equipment for home theaters, security systems, home automation, alarm monitoring, home automation and more.
The company serves high-end households, businesses, schools and other customers. The equipment it installs is not the kind of consumer electronics found on the shelf at Best Buy, or easily ordered off Amazon. Rather, the company trades in the high-end hardware that attracts wealthy homeowners who are audiophiles, movie buffs, tech geeks, and more. The company provides their customers with a superior experience.
Although the company does not deal directly in mass consumer electronics, the company is benefiting from game-changing innovations that are happening in the consumer-facing tech industry. Each of these new innovations is being utilized in the niche premium equipment market that the company does monetize. With the recent dramatic consumer adoption rate for such technology “disruptions,” the company is primed for even more rapid growth.
Acquiring this company is a way to buy in to all the exciting tech disruption, but with a much better ROI opportunity than simply buying shares of Amazon, Google/Alphabet, or Apple in the equity markets (given these are currently trading at quite high valuations).
After having built up this successful business and created sustaining value, the founding owners are selling the company order to retire. They are willing both to sign a non-compete agreement with the new owners and stay on as consultants after the transaction to assist with the transition. One owner is also willing to stay on if needed in the capacity of president or general manager.
Transferring to the new ownership will be:
- All assets of the company,
- The high, intangible value of the company’s strong reputation and goodwill in the market.
- A talented team that can manage operations without hand-holding
The company is the type of opportunity that can fit the interests of many kinds of buyers:
- For a buyer who wants to take a hands-on role – – the company has a steady stream of new and repeat customers. A new owner-operator can roll up his or her sleeves and begin adding incremental value right away, even if he or she has no experience in the audio/video installation market. The existing team is on point and supportive.
- For a strategic buyer who wants to fold the company into their own structure — the current team is an ideal fit. It’s “lean and mean” yet offers synergistic opportunities when integrated with another enterprise.
- For a financial buyer looking for passive income – the company offers steady and predictable cash flow. One of the owners is available to remain in place as a consultant to assist with the transition. Replacing the owners’ role would require one fulltime general manager, which the outgoing owner is willing to train.
- For a strategic or financial buyer looking for growth – the company’s reputation, culture and proprietary business practices can serve as a blueprint to scale across California or anywhere else in the country.
|Location||CA||Inventory||Approximately ~ $34,000|
|Yrs In Business||15 Years||FF&E||$163,165.93|
|Employees||8 full time
9 part time
|Hours||Mon – Fri: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.||Ownership||N/A|
|Facilities||Leased – 1,250 square feet facility||Reason for Sale||Owners are retiring|