The company’s main building, independently owned by the sellers, covers 15,290 sq ft on two floors and stretches 120 ft with a two-lot frontage of 83 ft. The building has a loading dock with access from bothmain downtown streets through two remotely controlled roll up doors. Stretched over a total area of 10,040 sq.ft, the building’s first floor comprises a restaurant, kitchen, brewhaus, cellar, walk in cooler, retail space, tap/party room, and a storage/ dock area. The second floor includes 3 apartments, a furnished office, and a furnished staff meeting room/storage room.
- Established business with a strong brand synonymous with premium craft beer, delicious pub food, live music, and superior customer service
- Being the only brewery in the area offers the company exclusive access to the local tourist market and its +1.8 million yearly visitors
- In May 2019, the company opened a new ale house as an added outlet for its products and a distribution warehouse which will soon be a full brewpub, allowing significant cost reductions in transporting beer between their locations, and is projected to match the bar revenue at their primary facility
- Strong beer brand supported by thirteen prestigious awards for its beer
- Highly skilled management team and friendly staff who operate independently of the owners
- Attractive options to improve net worth and margins within a short period of time
- Returning customers make up 30% of the customer base
- Strong presence and influence in the local communities and areas of operation
- Option to run the business remotely thanks to the highly qualified staff and the adopted online processes
- Adaptable brewery, effectively navigating changes in consumer preferences and responding accordingly to changes in demand.
- The company services a valuable region conveniently located between three states (Wisconsin, Illinois, and Iowa), a unique opportunity to a buyer interested in expanding their footprint into the Midwest markets.
- In a growing industry – retail dollar sales of craft beer increased 7%, up to $27.6 billion, and now account for more than 24% of the $114.2 billion U.S. beer market.
Both owners have stepped back from the day-to-day operations leaving the operations to a management team. They would like to divest of the business and spend their time in retirement on their other outside interests. The company is currently up for sale for $997,000 due to the Company’s strong brand name and incredible growth potential with the opening of the second location.
|Locations||Two locations in IL|
|Reason for Sale||Owners are seeking retirement|
|Years in Business||10 Years – Since 2009||Terms||Negotiable|
|Employees||24 employees; 4 full-time and 20 part-time||Ownership||100%|
|Hours||Mon–Thu: 4–9 PM
Fri–Sat: 11 AM–11 PM
Sun: 11 AM–9 PM
(10,015 sf) is owned by the owners.
– The Ale House building
(3,465 sf) is leased.
The cost of mortgage/rent:
– Brewery $57,600/yr, $5.75/sf/y
-Ale House $39,360/yr, $11.36/sf/y
|Inventory||Bare minimum of inventory is kept on hand. The quantity depends on sales projections, actual sales, and lead times. By the end of 2018, inventory on hand totaled $29,103.81|