This Alabama based company has an established employee and customer base with four cncrete batch plants spread across four cities. The company supplies ready-mix concrete to a niche market of commercial contractors.
Given the company’s large footprint with multiple locations throughout the South Alabama region, it is able to deliver superior product on time and on budget by mixing the raw products at one of the four different batch plants before trucks distribute the product to the various construction sites. The current service area has a 40-mile radius with the possibility of increasing the area to a 60-mile radius.
In 2018, the company experienced increased growth in terms of assets and customer base. Ownership invested the company profits back into the company in order to update equipment to improve efficiency and the ability to supply a superior product. These improvements increased the company’s ability to meet clients’ needs more competently and efficiently. There remains room for further improvements, allowing for an increased share in the market.
The company has many great employees, all of which express satisfaction in working for the company and demonstrate a willingness to remain with the company under new leadership.
While experiencing significant growth recently, the company has the potential to grow even further through further equipment acquisition to improve overall efficiency, for both the mixing and hauling of the cement. There also exists the opportunity to expand the product base, allowing for greater diversity and stability.
With over $4 million in total income, $97,585 in inventory, $2,708,796 in fixed assets, and approximately $1 million in real estate for all 4 locations, the company is listed at $3,200,000.
- Well-established business of over 15 years.
- Positive reputation with customers
- Four concrete batch plants
- Limited competition in some areas
- Located in fast-growing region of Alabama
- Niche market
- Strong management team in place
- Average profit margin of 18%
- Total assets: $3,647,455
The company is wholly owned by two partners who plan to exit the industry after its sale. The owners are open to selling the four plants as a bundle or separately. The owners are also flexible on creative deal terms that work for both sides.
|BUSINESS||N/A||ASKING PRICE||▪ $3,200,000|
|LOCATION||AL||INVENTORY||▪ Inventory – #1: $33,156
▪ Inventory – #2: $6,229
▪ Inventory – #3: $24,156
▪ Inventory – #4: $34,037
▪ Total Inventory: $97,578
|YEARS IN BUSINESS||▪ The company established in April 2018.
▪ Was previously launched in January 2004 by prior ownership
|FIXED ASSETS||▪ $2,708,796|
|EMPLOYEES||▪ 17 full time employees including plant managers, drivers and mechanics.||TERMS||▪ Negotiable
▪ Seller financing available
▪ Partnership consideration
|HOURS||▪ Mon. – Fri. 8:30 AM – 5PM||OWNERSHIP||▪ 100%
▪ #1: Has a shop and the newest equipment (only 3-4 yr-old). Runs at a capacity of 100-120 yards/hr.
▪ #2: The smallest (1.5 acres). Has an office and storage buildings. 5 trucks running out of there. Runs at about 80-100 acres a day.
▪ #3: 2.5 acres large. Has a large building/ warehouse on it plus the office. Does 60-80 yards/ day.
▪ #4: Largest in acreage (2.5-3 acres large). Only ½ an acre of the plant is currently utilized. Capacity: ~60 yards/hr.
|REASON FOR SALE||
▪ Ownership is leaving the industry to focus on another investment opportunity